Take Action - Become an APCO Brand Owner
Your organisation has taken action and selected the pathway to join APCO and become a Signatory to the Australian Packaging Covenant. Below you will find more detail about APCO Membership and a link to the sign-up form.
Brand Owner Membership
When joining as a Brand Owner Member, you also become a Signatory to the Australian Packaging Covenant (the Covenant). Through this Membership type, APCO provides your organisation with a supported and guided pathway to comply with the obligations of the Covenant and national regulatory framework.
Member obligations are set out in Section 10 Part C of the Covenant (page 17) and include:
- New Member Action Plan: a one-off plan Members must sign within three (3) months of joining.
- APCO Annual Report: submitted online by the 31st March each year.
- APCO Action Plan: Members must develop and submit annually following completion of the APCO Annual Report.
- Membership fees: paid annually to APCO based on your annual turnover - click here to view the fee schedule.
As a Brand Owner Member, your organisation will gain access to a range of benefits.
Meet Compliance Regulations
- Support to meet regulatory obligations under the NEPM.
- Access the Sustainable Packaging Guidelines (SPGs), a government-supported, national resource for packaging best practice.
- Be part of the progress to deliver 11 key actions under the 2019 National Waste Policy Action Plan - Australia’s national approach to building a circular economy.
Access Networks and Resources
- Exclusive access to the APCO Member Centre and Member resources, including case studies, webinars, technical guides and more.
- Access to the APCO Annual Reporting Tool and the Packaging Sustainability Framework.
- Exclusive access to the Australasian Recycling Label (ARL) Program, including the Packaging Recyclability Evaluation Portal (PREP) and use of the ARL.
- Access to APCO Working and Advisory Groups.
- Access to APCO events, industry roundtables, training and discounted partner events.
- Develop a clear strategy and practical implementation plan to improve your packaging operations.
- Access to APCO’s team of experts in sustainable packaging and the circular economy.
- Create cost savings, improve supply chain relationships, develop business efficiencies and opportunities.
- Enhance brand reputation, engage staff and customers through alignment of corporate social responsibility and values, attract talent and promote innovation.
- Receive recognition for progress through APCO’s communication platforms, consumer education partnerships, events and annual awards.
- Track progress in upholding a commitment to sustainable packaging with the APCO Annual Reporting Tool.
- Be part of a problem solving collective, working in collaboration with local and global sustainability leaders in government, industry, community groups and academia.
- Join the movement working to meet the 2025 National Packaging Targets.
- Meet growing demand from suppliers, customers and stakeholders for tangible, evidence-based action on sustainability issues.