The Collective Action Group
The Collective Action Group (CAG) is a team of leading industry representatives from across the supply chain and government who oversee the strategic delivery of the 2025 National Packaging Targets.
Made up of a team of third-party experts representing the packaging value chain, the CAG oversees the design of a systemic model for how Australia can transition to an advanced sustainable packaging ecosystem. Led by an independent Chair skilled in the facilitation of industry directed change models and co-regulatory programs, the CAG is comprised of some of the most well-respected members of Australian industry.
Members of the CAG include:
- Fiona Baxter, General Manager Sustainability, Asaleo Personal Care
- Gareth Bennell, Executive Manager - Corporate Responsibility, ALDI Stores (Australia) a Limited Partnership
- Justin Frank, Chief Customer Officer, SUEZ Australia & New Zealand
- Kylie Hughes, Director, Waste Policy and Legislation, Department of Environment and Heritage Protections
- Terence Jeyaretnam, Partner, Climate Change & Sustainability Services, EY
- Paul Klymenko, CEO, Planet Ark Environmental Foundation
- Richard Macchiesi, General Manager Insights and Innovation, Visy Industries
- Jeff Maguire, Group Head of CDS Implementation and Packaging Sustainability, Coca-Cola Amatil
- Matthew Ryan, Assistant Secretary, Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment, Waste Action Plan and Modernisation Branch
- Pete Shmigel, CEO, Australian Council of Recycling
- Lok-Man Shu, Group Environment Manager, David Jones and Country Road Group
- Andrew Smith, Executive General Manager Sustainability, PACT Group
- Margaret Stuart, Head of Corporate and External Relations, Nestlé Oceania
- Secretariat: Dr Helen Lewis and Brooke Donnelly
- Collective Action Group Meeting Chair: Phil Preston
Find out more about the role of the Collective Action Group here.